Friday, April 13, 2007

The 'X' dream

Last night I dreamt of my ex-boyfriend. No, didn’t desperately want to dream about him. It just happened. No, nothing hanky panky or anything like that. It was an ordinary dream and he was just in it.

I have no idea why he was in my dream. I haven’t seen him since we last broke up in 1997. We didn’t part in good terms. We have not kept in touch, most definitely not in talking terms and I am very sure that even after all these years, he still hates me. To be honest, if I did see him anywhere, I would avoid or pretend not to notice. Wouldn’t have a clue what to say. So, to avoid any embarrassment, might as well run away.

The dream felt really weird because he was actually talking to me! To me? Yes, me! Words actually came out from his mouth and it was directed to me. And to think I actually forgot how he sounds like! Somehow we attended the same event; he came up to me and started chatting away! He wanted to know whether we could be friends again. I just stood there and didn’t say a word. Felt too dumbstruck to even respond. Not because of the excitement of being friends again but still shocked that he wanted to talk to me!

I remembered waking up and thinking “Wow! Did that just happen?”. What a strange dream. It felt kind of creepy as well.

I was still thinking about it when I got to the office. I wondered if the dream meant anything so for the fun of it, I actually looked it up at one of the sites on dream analysis. I know the interpretation may not necessarily be correct but like I said, for fun-fun only maaaaaaaaaaaa……So anyway, check this out.

“To dream about your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend or ex-husband/wife or that you and your ex got back together again, suggests that something or someone in your current life that is bringing out similar feelings you felt during the relationship with your ex. The dream may be a way of alerting you to the same or similar behavior in a current relationship. What you learn from that previous relationship may need to be applied to the present one so that you do not repeat the same mistake. Alternatively, past lovers often highlight the positive experiences you had with that person.”

My response to this:
Huh?

11 comments:

darius said...

hi trueblue:)...very interesting dream there..hope ur hubby wasn't jealous to know abt it!:p

gravtkills said...

yr dream reminded me of a scene from melodi that my friend told me where mawi was bein interviewed and suddenly his exfiance appeared at the same time...my fren said it was a very awkward situation

Anonymous said...

Like the dream site analysis said, look out for the positive experience that you have and build on it on for the current situation

Nour said...

there is also another saying where in a dream if the person talks to you it is just mainan syaitan but if the person comes to you without uttering a single word then it is a sign.. Well, dunno how true this is tho..anyways having ex's in our dreams can be scary eh..
have a good weekend babe!

trueblue said...

Hi Tun,
No reason to worrry actually. It was just an innocent dream. Besides, its not that I asked for it :)

Gravts,
I can imagine the awkwardness :).

trueblue said...

A friend,
Yeah, I'm sure thats what I should do.

Nour,
Hihi...very scary indeed...

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

TrueBlue,

I had a similar experience. I dreamt of an old flame. When i woke up, i felt like the dream was so real and my heart was aching/hurt. I wondered why i dreamt of him, so i called (altho i shouldn't have). It turned out that he had a major op & he was thinking of me, he wanted to tell me about it but couldn't. Weird huh?

Some say we get these dreams because there is still a strong bond or something ... i say it's just coincidence :o)

Anonymous said...

looking at your template, you are obviously a mitch albom's fan.

all the best to your new blog!

trueblue said...

Syana,
In my case, I don't think it had anything to do with strong bonding. I'm not even taking it seriously. And yes, its just pure coincidence :)

mitch's man,
Thanks very much! :)

Anonymous said...

Trueblue,
You know my story dreaming bout my ex coming to tell me hes getting married and true enough that became a reality a few weeks later. coincidence/syaitan? who knows.

That same silly ex. was in my dreams again this week. came to my house. saw me. said nothing. weird.

Anyway your dream analysis was bit too lengthy for me to properly comprehend, so i agree with you...HUH??!!

trueblue said...

Kat,
You dreamt about him again? Now that is weird.

Takpe, don't think about it too much. Nanti jadi satu kerja pulak nak melayan perasaan :)