Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Superhero in you

It’s been a slow week. We’ve been busy finalizing the presentation materials for next week’s big event. I can’t wait till Friday. I just want to get this all over with. I wish had the power to move forward or backward to a time that I enjoy. I get to skip the boring or stressful moments and jump to the more tolerable times. It's something like Hiro Nakamura’s (from Heroes) powers, being able to travel through time.

Most people, when they were kids, had a favourite Superhero. I can’t say I had one of my own. I remember growing up watching cartoons/movies/tv shows like Wonder Woman, Incredible Hulk, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, etc and didn't get much obsessed with the characters. I didn’t have a favourite Superhero but maybe wished I had bits and pieces of their powers. It would be cool to choose whatever power and suit it according to my needs.

We also have our very own local Superhero: Cicakman. It was aired on Astro Ria last month and I managed to watch a few scenes (just wanted to see what the big deal was all about). I don’t mean to sound harsh here but I must say I was bored to death. The jokes weren’t funny at all and I definitely didn’t feel Cicakman was much of a Superhero.

Anyway, while we’re at this topic, let’s just have some fun. This is something I got from the net and thought I’d share it with you.

Which superhero ability would you choose?
1. The ability to fly.
2. Time-travel ability.
3. Invisibility.
4. X-ray vision.
5. The power to change forms.
6. The ability to read minds.
7. The ability to see into the future.
8. Super hearing.

Results
1. Flying
- You like to see the "big picture" of life and how things fit together. Little details annoy you. You enjoy being free and taking risks.
Career clue: You'd make a good pilot or astronaut. Consider a job that will let you affect policies, maybe in government or a public research group.


2. Time travel - You are interested in the causes of things and how past mistakes can be used to shape the future. You're very curious about how different people live.
Career clue: A career in scientific research, history, or human behavior might be the place for you. You might enjoy a job where you can affect the future.

3. Invisibility - You tend to be shy, or a very keen observer. Or both. You like to know everything that is going on around you.
Career clue: Some good careers for observers, a writer, artist, or private investigator.

4. X-ray vision - You like to "see through" problems and go to the heart of an issue. You enjoy finding problems that other people can't even see. You also enjoy solving problems.
Career clue: Physics, politics, math, and medicine are fields that need skilled problem-solvers.

5. The power to change forms - You are a sociable person who likes to fit in. Perhaps you want to be admired by the group. Either way, you're a real crowd pleaser!
Career clue: Entertainment might be the field for you. Actors can "change forms" and be other people.

6. Mind reading - You're good at guessing what other people think. You can "see behind" what they're saying by reading between the lines.
Career clue: You might be a good counselor or psychologist. It's important for professionals in those careers to understand how other people think and feel.

7. Seeing into the future - You're very creative and love adventure. You would move right into the future if you could! You're always looking at what might be possible, and wondering how to make it happen sooner.
Career clue: A career on the cutting edge of things might be right for you. Think about becoming an explorer, research scientist, inventor, or science fiction writer.

8. Super hearing - You pay close attention to sounds and patterns. You like to be fully informed about the latest news. Some might even say you're nosy!
Career clue: You might make an excellent reporter or gossip columnist. Or you might decide to become a musician

It’s hard to choose a particular power. I may want to choose either number 2 or 6. I think Peter Petrelli (from Heroes) has the best power of all because he’s able to absorb powers from the other Heroes characters. But having said all that, I’d rather be a normal human being. It’s much easier and there’s less pressure.

“With great power comes great responsibility”.

That’s the famous dialogue from the movie Spiderman. So I guess I’d rather be saved than do the saving. Not that I don't want the responsibility but once in a while, I wouldn’t mind being the damsel in distress :). Wonder if there are any hot Superheroes out there to save me…….. Note that I'm stressing the word hot here. Superheroes must be hot, right?. Except of course, Incredible Hulk! *yikes*

18 comments:

katakbesar said...

cicakman -
well.. i havent watch it and surely will not i guess
but, only by reading the title
i was like.. 'how original'

nevertheless..
malaysians' products were not all bad
i used to like Usop Sontorian and KeluangMan
the jokes and phrases were really funny and made me laughed loudly

superhero -
back then.. probably superman.. hehe..
solely because he helped people..

super powers -
flying; good mode of transportation
time travel; if only i could correct the mistakes of the past
invisibility; surely will become a pervert
xray vision; probably die early due to the radio-active
mind reading; i wish i have this
seeing future; there goes the fun of living the life we are living
superhearing; listen to your heart

hot superheroes ?
hmm.. someday, your prince will come..
God willing..

Unknown said...

Hi Trueblue,

Must I choose? Please make an exception for me. I want all! Ha ha.

trueblue said...

Katakbesar,
No need to watch Cicakman. Don't think you're gonna miss anything much. I agree with you. Some Malaysian tv products are'nt all that bad. Some memang kelakar. I was more referring to Cicakman alone. Definitely a blerghhh...

Haha..Pasal hot superheroes tu main-main je. Teeheehee...

K Ruby,
Oklah. For you, I'll make an exception :)

Red Raven said...

Time travel for me...

u don't have a fave superhero? What about now? Me...always Batman..cool gile ok...and the car..yes..the money..fuh...

EDDY PURNAMA said...

i would choose changing forms...how come im not in any movies yet? Darn...

UglyButAdorable said...

i think i wud like mind reading..now that wud be good....hahaaa..hahhaaa...kalau pie interview and they what's your expected salary..imagine if we can know that...or how badly they need us..

trueblue said...

Red Raven,
Now pun I takde favourite. Superheroes banyak duit ke?

Eddy Purnama Sparrow,
You kena rajin pegi casting or audition. Barulah people will notice :)

ytxis said...

trueblue, im so superhero, i can hear this in my ears "virginia tech...virginia tech...."

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

Hurmm..i missed few episodes of heroes la..too bz with my "dramas" *wink*
bila dia nyer marathon tu eh..?
anyways, i always want to have the ability to know the future, to read people's mind, time travel la, but...can we, i mean like really-really can take it..?

i juz wanna be a normal people..thts it!

cheers darl..

trueblue said...

uglybutadorable,
Mind reading would be useful for interviews :) Sure diaorang impressed gila

sixty,
Lain macam je bunyi Superhero tu :P

J.T. said...

If I had to choose a superhero ability (and I did this before looking at the answers.. hehe) it would be invisibility. But I wish I could have two abilities. (kiasu)If that is possible, the other would be to to read minds.

Of course, I would not trade who I am for these abilities. This would be an add-on. hehe
But it is fun to imagine what we could have, if this is possible. :)

Entertaining posting you have here. Thanks.

Cosmic_GurL said...

Id like the power to make Brad Pitt dan actor2 yang seangkatan dgnnyer fall hopelessly in love with me and listen to whatever I say so I can do whatever want with them..muahahhaha *evil laugh*

Red Raven said...

Bruce Wayne got money what...kereta kelawar dia best oooo...

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

I've decided to tag you for a noble effort. By doing this meme you are contributing rm127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage.

Please visit my blog to find out about it. Thank you.

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

TrueBlue :o)

I'd choose the ability to fly ... senang nak lari hehehe

trueblue said...

j.t,
of course you can be kiasu :)

cosmic_gurl,
Wow! Thats a great power. I would want that too. Brat Pitt. *drool*

trueblue said...

Red Raven,
But...Bruce Wayne kaya bukan sebab jadi superhero.

Syana,
Really? Ok, nanti I try buat. :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]OwVDYZoXoxovO[/url] - sAwDMiXJ - http://hhmgziigpu.com