Friday, June 8, 2007

Updates for the week

For those who were concerned (like maybe just the 5 of you *wink*), alhamdulillah, I am in the road to recovery now. I can finally walk normally without feeling that I’m going to immediately fall down. I guess its one of those sicknesses that comes and goes as it please.

The office environment has been quite hectic. We’ve got two major events coming in July and mostly all of us are busy preparing for that. Big boss as usual has been breathing down our necks, wanting to know every single detail and keeps having these ‘brainstorming sessions’ which drives us all mad. Changes to the presentation materials happen quite frequently too. It makes us wonder whether he’s actually a forgetful person or has the ability of generating new ideas every hour or so. To be honest, I don’t always get much of this nonsense directly from him as I still have a boss who acts as a buffer but seeing what he does to my colleagues who are closely involved is enough to make me all stressed.

I can’t remember whether I told you before that I have transferred to a new section in my department since 1st May. I now have a female boss which I haven’t had since year 2000. I know the style is gonna be a bit different (female bosses are known to be a bit more fussy) but I guess that’s something I have to get used to again. For the past one month, things have been tolerable and I hope it remains that way. My boss is on MC today which means I can spend time to blog. Yeah!

Anyway, since the transfer was some sort of promotion, I had to move to a new workstation and this was the saddest part of all. I loved my old workstation and I think of all the workstations on this floor, mine is the best one of all. It’s secluded at one corner and most importantly far away from the Big Boss’s room. It’s close to the ladies toilet, to the pantry and even the photocopy/printer room. I also have a good view of KL since my workstation is just by the window. Anytime I feel tired looking at the pc screen, I just look out the window. It's a great therapy! It’s also definitely a good hangout place. Since it’s a strategic location, one colleague even sneaks in to take a quick nap under my table. I don’t know whether it’s me or the place but my colleagues love to stop by and have a quick chat. We update each other on the latest happenings, share jokes and pretty much have a good time laughing our heads off (especially after office hours).

I really, really didn’t want to move but I had no choice. I tried to delay it and waited for another colleague to move first plus waited till 2 new workstations were built. And now after a month, I have finally moved. Yesterday afternoon and half of the morning today was spent packing my stuffs. Hard to believe how much junk I had. It was a sad feeling while I was packing but I shouldn’t complain because its all part of a change process, right?

I have officially moved today and I’m currently typing away at my new workstation. Its just opposite my boss’s room and worst of all, 4 workstations away from the Big Boss’s room. Ack! But that’s ok. I guess I just have to look at the bright side. At least the workstation is bigger and I still somewhat have a view of KL.

Thank God it’s Friday. I’m looking forward to the weekend. I really want to enjoy it after having that terrible episode last week. I want to just chill-out and spend quality time with my family. Too bad the school holidays will be ending soon. Traffic has been great since the kids were off from school, don’t you think?

Well, have a great weekend my friends…Take care and be good.

13 comments:

Angel Eyes said...

Take good care babe. I still risau pasal you ni.

Ok, we'll meet next week.

Hugs

J.T. said...

A space with a view. What's not to love? Miss my work days in KL.
Oh.. about lady bosses... yes, they are a tad bit fussy. (I was one. hahaha) Still, I don't think I am a slave driver like some I know. I have liked most of my male bosses except for one or two spinelss idiotas. hahaha
Have a good weekend, Trueblue.

UglyButAdorable said...

u take care ok...speedy recovery..

rule no. 1..never ever exposed that u blog from the office..woohoo...bahaya ooo...some people dengki u know..

Cosmic_GurL said...

Good to know ure feeling better and congrats on the promotion :)

Nice that u have a view of KL. But I dah malas keja KL coz malas nak go thru the traffic jam every morning...

Unknown said...

:) am happy to know u r feeling better....wishing u full recovery soon!

i wonder how it is like to work for a lady boss....never had the priviledge!

but has worked for american, indian, melayu, chinese, hongkongese, singaporean, english ( trice ) and dutch....hehehehe
i can write a book abt the differences and also similrities. but the differences would be more interesting ....hehehehe

idham

trueblue said...

Angel Eyes,
Thanks dear. See you next week :)

J.T,
The males bosses that I've had (i'm talking about immediate boss here) have been very understanding and I'm thankful for that. I think because of the motherly instincts, female bosses are more prone to nagging and thats the boring part. I sure do hope I don't turn into one one day.

J.T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trueblue said...

uglybutadorable,
yes...thats a wise rule especially we intend to kutuk2 our bosses la kan? :)

cosmic_gurl,
Lucky for me coz my apartment is not far away from the office so its still very much tolerable.

idham,
wow! very international la you :) If you have the time, do write an entry about it. Would be interesting to know!

J.T. said...

Hi Trueblue

Sorry, when I re-read my comments, I did not like how I sounded. :) So I deleted it.

But I will agree with you about female bosses - it is probably the motherly instincts that makes them fussy.

Unknown said...

Hi there Trueblue,

Am here just to say hello dear.

trueblue said...

J.T,
I'm trying to recall what you typed. I think it sounded ok to me :)

K Ruby,
Helllooooooo!!

ytxis said...

anyway, congrats on the promotion

trueblue said...

sixtysixty,
thanks!