Thursday, May 10, 2007

A year older

“Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to Trueblue
Happy Birthday to me”

Yep, it’s my birthday today. 32 years old. My, my…Has 1 year really gone by that fast?

Back when I was in my teens, I thought adults who were in their 30s looked so matured. I would look at them and think “Gosh, I can’t imagine what I’d look like at that age!”.

I remembered 2 years ago, I was dreading to reach the big 3-0 age. It felt like I was entering another era, another phase in my life and I wasn’t sure I was ready for it. Being in the 20s was fine. It was the age where we were a little bit matured and just about entered the adult phase. It was the age where in a way we could still get away with things because we were still experimenting life. I had this vision that being in the 30s meant that ‘yes, you’re much older (you’ll look older too). It’s time to get serious. It’s time to get a hold of your life’. So it felt kind of scary. Gone are the days when people called you ‘adik’. People would start thinking of you as a ‘kakak’ or an ‘aunty’. So yes, you’ll definitely look older!

My guy friends (who have past 30) told me then that I shouldn’t worry. Women start to peak when they are in their 30s. They will blossom and become very much matured. They will also be more experienced in certain areas (if you know what I mean *wink*). I couldn’t quite picture what they meant at the time so I just had to trust them. It’s not like I could stop time anyway.

Now that I’m already in my 30s, I agree, it’s not as bad as I thought it was. It’s not bad at all actually. I mean, ageing is a natural process of life. Its not like the moment you hit 30, you’re gonna look like a sack of potatoes. It’s all in the mind. If you’re really concerned about looking old, then take steps to take care of your health. Do the normal stuff like exercise and eat well. Women in their 30s can still look hot, right? :)

I’ve learned many things since turning 30. Yes, I’ve definitely become more matured. I try not to whine about petty things because there’s seriously more important things in life. I have set my priorities and pretty much have an idea what I want in life. I’ve learnt to also be more thankful and not to take things or people for granted. I’m thankful to have family and friends who love me. I’m thankful for being healthy, for having the strength and energy to do things. I’m thankful for all the experienced I’ve gained. Sure, there were regrets but I’ve learnt from the mistakes and its time to just move on. Plan well for your future and enjoy life the best way you can. Age doesn’t really stop you.

So a word of advice to those who dread turning 30, don’t be. Trust me; it’s not at all that bad.

I’m 32 years old today and looking forward to greater years ahead!

P/S: Today is also Bono’s (U2) and Nick Heidfeld’s (BMW Sauber driver) birthday. So Happy Birthday to Bono and Nick!





The best birthday pressie of the day

21 comments:

Nour said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!!
Yeah I like being 30 something heeheee..thats when one tends to appreciate life more..I am comfortable being under by own skin :)

Happy 32nd Birthdy !!

Azer Mantessa said...

"Women in their 30s can still look hot, right?"

geezzeeee ... they are the group of women who really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really look hottttttt!!!!!!!!!

this is the age where their bodies have developed well ... also their faces look more matured ... more knowledgeable and wiser ... many things laaa.

so happy birthday to the whole you including ur well developed breasts and all, ur thinking, ur experience, ur soul, ur maturity many many many ... happy birthday to the whole you.

eiseais said...

hi babes...happy birthday!! cant believe we so old eh? hehehe...takpe, muda jelita still.

p/s nina gave birth yesterday. dekat2 ur birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday trueblue. I have this mantra which i always repeat when my birthday is approaching: "Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter". And seriously I don't really mind turning a year older. It's just a number kan? You have a good day!

trueblue said...

Nour,
Thanks sweets!

Azer,
I rasa you lebih excited dari I!!

trueblue said...

Eiseai,
Yes..I like to think I still look muda jelita..Haha!!!

SSC,
I like your mantra. :)
Thanks for the wish!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweet dear. Let's do lunch?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweet dear. Let's do lunch?

Red Raven said...

Hapi Besday Babe!!! And yeah..am a Taurus too... May 1st..n Im 32 too!!!!

Unknown said...

Heyyy Trueblue,

Happyyyyy Birthday to you dear girl!

You are right. It does not matter at whatever age one is. Look forward to life everyday. Just decide to be happy and you shall be happy.

With proper care and good food and good exercise regime, one will look great at any age.

Thanks for such that special comment in my blog entry today. Luv ya.

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

TrueBlue :o)
~ Happy Belated Birthday! Muda lagi :o)
~ beautiful birthday card :o)

trueblue said...

John,
Thanks. Ok, we do lunch next week :)

Red Raven,
Wow..we got a few things in common. Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

trueblue said...

K Ruby,
Thanks so much.

If we wanna look good, we have to work for it la kan...

Syana,
Thanks dear. And yup, beautiful card. She was so excited when she gave it to me :)

Cosmic_GurL said...

Heya Darling!! Happy 32nd Birthday! Being 30something has its plus point okay. Im beginning to see it. We're in betweens. Neither too old or too young. We're just "right". Hehehe...

Hope you get everything you wished for my dear...

Lee said...

Hi Trueblue,
Wishing you many happy returns of the day, lots of good health and laughter. Have fun.
Here's a smile for you:

The Geography of a Woman
Between the ages of 18 - 21 a woman is like Brazil or Borneo. She is half discovered, half wild and naturally beautiful.

Between the ages of 21 - 30 a woman is like America or Japan. Completely discovered, very well developed.

Between the ages of 30 - 35, she is like India or Spain. Very hot, relaxed and convinced of her own beauty.

Between the ages of 35 - 40 a woman is like Thailand or Argentina. A warm, exotic and desirable place to visit.

Between the ages of 40 - 50 she is like Yugoslavia or Iraq. Massive reconstruction is now necessary.

Between the ages of 50 - 60 she is like Russia or Canada. Very wide, quiet and the borders are practically unpatrolled but the frigid climate keeps people away.

Between the ages of 60- 70 a woman is like England or Mongolia. With a glorious and all conquering past but alas no future.

After 70, they become Albania or Afghanistan. Everyone knows where it is, but no one wants to go there.
You have a great day, Trueblue. UL.

mock said...

hey trueblue, happy belated birthday ol fren!!

UglyButAdorable said...

happy birthdaylove...auwww..that pressie is so precious kan...

and yes..lets age gracefully..what is age? just numbers kan...

J.T. said...

TrueBlue... Happy Birthday to you. Still so young! As Uncle Lee said:

Between the ages of 30 - 35, she is like India or Spain. Very hot, relaxed and convinced of her own beauty.

Me? I will be undergoing massive reconstruction soon. Just turned 40 in February.

Between the ages of 40 - 50 she is like Yugoslavia or Iraq. Massive reconstruction is now necessary.

Very nice U.Lee, very nice. ;)

Freak and Geek said...

happy belated birthday, love!

trueblue said...

Cosmic_gurl,
I like that, 'we're just right'. Hihi..Quite true actually.

u.lee,
Hahaha...I love the geography lesson. And to think I hated that subject back in the schooldays :)

mock,
Hello there..Thanks for the wish!

trueblue said...

uglybutadorable,
Yes, very-very precious. :)

j.t,
Hahah..I can understand if you feel quite upset. But don't worry, it was just for fun :)

freak and geek,
Thanks sweetie!