Thursday, May 24, 2007

Anyway....

I’ve never been a fan of country songs or even know much about country singers but when I first heard Martina McBride sang her song, Anyway in one of the American Idol episodes, I immediately fell in love with it.

I find the song very inspirational. The lyrics provide deep meaning and it truly touched my heart.



Anyway (from Waking Up Laughing album)
You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

Chorus:
God is great, but sometimes life ain’t good
And when I pray it doesn’t always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world’s gone crazy and it’s hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love ‘em anyway

Repeat Chorus

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they’ll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway, sing it anyway

I sing, I dream, I love, anyway


The song brings out a positive message. It makes me feel good about myself and I realize I can do anything in my life as long as I believe in it. If things aren’t going my way, I shouldn’t simply give up. I have to keep on aiming for the best.

We may not always get what we want in life but that’s ok. We have to keep on doing what we think is best and have faith that something good will turn out in the end. What’s important is that we must always be sincere in whatever we do.

This is a good song to listen to anytime you feel down. It has a way of making your spirits go high! Well, at least it does for me :)

21 comments:

Mat Salo said...

Hi True Blue..

Got quite a nice surprise when I posted on JT site - simultaneosly -you and me were thinking the same thing! Must be seconds apart when we typed that tired old cliche "Can't live with / without 'em" thingy..

I never was a fan of country music until a few years back. I got seriously into music studying (as a hobby of course) great songwriters. And quite a lot of them are from Nashville, Tennesee. Then I started listening and I got hooked. I mean modern country rock stuff like Ms. McBrides, but also lots of other GREAT stuff. I ordered from Amazon US Kim Richey's '87 effort called Bitter Sweet. Songs women can readily relate to. The other is Linda Thompson's '02 "Fashionably Late". These strong women who triumphed against adversity... wooo what am I blabbing about here? Good Day!

gravtkills said...

i like!

trueblue said...

Mat Salo,
Haha..Really? You typed that too? Great minds think alike, huh? :)

Wow, you do know your country music :) Don't worry, you can babble anything you want

Gravtkills,
Glad that you do!

Anonymous said...

I think country music is very inspirational & spiritual, they speak of life. First country music i heard was garth brooks "the thunder rolls" and now am liking martina's "a broken wing". Dixie Chicks pun best jg (wait are they country singers?)

ytxis said...

Nice!

J.T. said...

Trueblue
This is a good song. I used to listen to a lot of country until I moved to Texas - then I was over-country-nised. haha
I could not stand the country songs anymore. I am slowly weaning myself back them again.
I still gravitate towards older country singers. Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Alabama, Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Hank Williams Jr. Not familiar with the modern ones.
My first dance at my wedding reception was to the song of "When You Say Nothing At All" by Keith Whitley (I think that is his name). That song was sung by another group in the movie 'Notting Hill'. I like Garth Brook songs. Among my favourites are "Unanswerered Prayers" and "If Tomorrow Never Comes".
Tumpang lalu Trueblue, I cannot help but tell ssc something:
ssc, Dixie Chicks are country singers. :)
Anyway Trueblue, some songs have a way of lifting one up on one's down days and this song featured here does that - just by reading the words. Do not give up. Do it anyway. :)

UglyButAdorable said...

yeapp...i like it too...memang soothing..

trueblue said...

ssc,
Yes, country songs are very inspirational. I think I tend to like the modern type. Kalau the old fashion style, yang more like lagu cowboys, I tak suka sangatlah. I'm still very much an R&B/Hiphop fan! :)

sixtysixty,
Kan? :)

trueblue said...

j.t,
I love 'When you say nothing at all'!! But I'm more familiar with the Ronan Keating version though :).

uba,
Yeah. Soothing...thats the word!

Anonymous said...

Tumpang lalu Trueblue, j.t thanx for clarifying that up for me :)

Cosmic_GurL said...

Country songs usually have good lyrics...i love keith urban's songs..but if it's Kenny Rogers then thts whre I draw the line :p

Red Raven said...

Dolly Parton anyone? Too heavy? Go for Cash...dark, weird, really creepy...hahahahaha

trueblue said...

Cosmic_gurl,
I know what you mean *wink*

red raven,
Not a big fan of Dolly Parton :)

Unknown said...

HI Trueblue,

I love the lyrics of the song. Beautiful. I love the nudge...'do it anyway'...it rings sincerity big time, as it is not about the outcome, but it is about what you do with all of your heart.

I feel inspired this morning with your entry.

It is true, no one is an island. I say this as no one knows when one gets that needed day's spur and inspiration.

Thank you dear.

trueblue said...

Hi K Ruby,
I glad I played a part in inspiring you today :)

Suraya said...

oh dear. this is one beautiful song, country or not. love it!!

kepala_angin said...

funny how sometimes you find a source of inspiration in the unlikeliest place right..

Nour said...

hey babe,
this song I have yet to check out...ni kena dengar ni..

Anyways happy shopping in Singapore!

J.T. said...

Hi Trueblue... that is right.. not a group that sang it. It was Ronan Keating. My bad! :)

trueblue said...

lil' miss easy dent,
Glad you do! :)

kepala_angin,
Yaa..true.

trueblue said...

Nour,
Penatlah gi Singapore! Sampai sakit dah ni..

j.t,
No worries..hehe