Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Watcha doin', girl?!

I went to Dunkin’ Donuts this morning to get some breakfast. Since it takes a few minutes to make my sandwich, I waited at the seating area and placed my wallet, phone and company pass card on the table. An Indonesian family then came into the shop and went straight to the table beside me.

The daughter (probably about 9 or 10) stopped in front of my table and was staring at my pass. I was puzzled to why she did that. I didn’t say anything and continued to observe her behavior. Suddenly I heard her say my name a few times as if wanting to memorise it. She then went to her table and wrote my name on her palm.

Weird kid. I wonder why she did that. She wasn’t ashamed to do it so openly. She also didn't care that I was looking at her. She probably didn't even realise it.

And I don’t know why I didn’t bother to ask. My sandwich was ready by then so I just took it and left.

I hope she’s not gonna do anything crazy with my name.

11 comments:

DiaHarris said...

hey, bahaya k letak purse atas meja mcm tu...

mcm scary jer budak tu.. i don't know..

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

that was weird ... eee...

Lee said...

Hi Trueblue, maybe that kid thought you a Malaysian bintang? Saw your name and copied it to tell her schoolmates?
Better her than a man.
I love dunkin donuts, or rather donuts, plain ones only.
Hope you keeping well, Trueblue.
You have a nice day, UL.

Red Raven said...

Maybe she wants to name her sister after u? Maybe she wants to name her doll after u? Maybe she thinks ur this big malaysian star or model?? Model...hmmm..maybe kot? Have u done any modelling?

Pak Zawi said...

trueblue,
You can never tell what is in a child'd mind.
Being Indonesians she must have taken a fancy to your name, the same way our children will do when looking at an Indonesian name the like of the late Broery Marantika?

trueblue said...

naughty babe,
well, my wallet really very close to me. It would have been hard for someone to just snatch it away.

syana,
I thought so too..

trueblue said...

u lee,
Hahaha..I am far from a Malaysian bintang...But, you're right..at least it wasn't man. My only hope is wouldnt pass it to a man :P

I love donuts too..

Red Raven,
Nope..not a Malaysian star and not a model too. :P

Pak Zawi,
Haha...maybe you're right. I hope thats the reason.

Red Raven said...

u sure? very sure?

J.T. said...

Hi Trueblue

That was weird, I must say but it could be totally innocent. Children usually tell it like it is. In this case, do it like it is. :)

We want to be cautious about the 'jampi' business (if that is what went through some minds) but sometimes we will worry less if we don't go down that road.

trueblue said...

red raven,
of course I'm very sure... :)

j.t,
You're right. I don't want to be unnecessarily worried myself.

Nour said...

hey you..kids tend to get curious all the time. They wanna know about almost anything. Mebbe she loves how your name sounded. Anyways, Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha, Happy hols and Happy New Year!