Monday, November 26, 2007

Trueblue's bad luck

Oh My God!! I couldn’t believe it. It happened for the second time!!!! I FELL today. Yes, again!!! This time it was at KLCC. I was walking while sms-ing when suddenly *gedebush*, I fell. It was so sudden; I didn’t even realize I was already on the floor. My first thought was “What the hell?? Not again???!!!”. I was kind of stunned for a few seconds and felt so angry with myself for being so clumsy. I had to take a moment to compose myself and once ready I took a deep breath and stood back up again. A security guard was running towards me and asked if I was ok. I just smiled and told him I was fine and quickly walked off. I didn’t dare to look around and prayed hard that no one I knew saw the embarrassing scene. Urrghhh!!! I am such an idiot. It must be those damn shoes. Evil..evil shoes. I shall chuck them away..To make matters worst, now my left arm hurts. That’s it…I am an idiot. *Trueblue bangs her head on the wall*

While we’re on this topic of bad luck, let me just share with you another bad luck incident that happened this morning. Since I live in an apartment; I have to take the lift to go down to the parking lot. There usually isn't any unusual events in the morning but today something different happened. As I entered the lift I immediately smelt something strange and disgusting. Someone must have farted just before he/she went out the door lift. I guess the ‘gas’ stayed behind when the doors closed. Of course it was very ‘fortunate’ of me to be the next one to enter. I had to hold my breath because the smell was so UNBEARABLE. I tell you people, it was the longest 10 seconds of my life!!! I quickly ran out the moment the door lift opened and said to myself: Must-have-fresh-air…!! That was nasty…I nearly choked to death :)

Don’t you just hate it when these things happen? It totally spoiled my mood in the morning.

The only good moment of the day was when a colleague gave me some chocolates she bought from her trip to USA. I know I can always count on chocolates as a source of comfort.

Hope tomorrow will be a better day. Wish me luck! :)

20 comments:

akula said...

Hahaha, I think its time for you to start mandi air bunga 7 jenis, air 7 kolah masjid etc.

Pak Zawi said...

trueblue,
Choose a safer pair of shoes. The heel shouldnt be too low and the sole must have sufficient grip. Finally stop when you are doing SMS on the phone. The distraction can make you miss your step or accidentally step on a slippery object such as a banana skin left by some careless persons.
I wish better luck in the future.

Anonymous said...

ouch!

my dear ... you are not an idiot. a klutz, maybe but not an idiot.

i second zawi's suggestion, get a safer pair of shoes.

he's right too. focus one thing at a time. (ye la .. macam la syana pun buat gitu, boleh sms sambil driving lagi hehehe)

sapu minyak panas or pakai icepack to avoid any swollen limbs. take care, TrueBlue.

eiseais said...

trueblue...how come when i meet you in the hallways of klcc you walk ok je (not that i wanna see you fall, by the way...)

hope to see you, all standing up, in 2 weeks time...sedihhhh

Unknown said...

Hi Trueblue,

Oh dear dear me! That's nasty. Thank God you're ok. Were you wearing very high heels huh?

That fart..what can I say? LOL! Donch worry you're so sweet people must have thought the pong came from elsewhere..NEVER from a pretty girl..ha ha.

Ahh..choclate always work for me...now whenever I wanna splurch I makan a few pieces of Paachi lah from Parkson at the 2nd floor ke?

Be more careful dear next time around to avoid those nasties..

J.T. said...

Poor thing... hope you are feeling better. Seems like it is a case of "when it rains, it pours!"
We have all been there. It may not come in falls but I am sure most of us know what it is like to have a bad patch of luck.

I have a suggestion for the next time you get into a smelly space - carry air freshner with you. You know the mini bottle, the kind they sell for car interiors. (does Malaysia have that?) It won't take up space in your bag and you can even use it as a weapon. If someone tries to get too close to you, spray it on that person's face and make sure it gets in the eyes. :D It is not pepper spray but that buys you time.

Dade Ghost said...

Throw away your shoes... or change the way u walk....

Erm... interesting lift story. Find more stories like that maybe u can make a book...

Definitely u will have a much better day... everyday.... but first throw away your shoes...

trueblue said...

akula,
Hey...don't be mean :P

Pak Zawi,
As usual, very wise advice :) I shall follow them...Hehehe

trueblue said...

Syana,
yelah, I am clumsy...hehehe..
I konon nak multitask but I guess it didn't work that day..Arm feels better but wrist still hurts..

K Ruby,
Yep, they were high heels. I've been wearing them for 6 months but don't know why lately I fell twice when I wore them. Weird.

Teringin juga nak try Paachi at Parkson tu but they look so expensive!! And they are kan?

trueblue said...

j.t,
Interesting suggestion. Not sure if we have those air freshners here. Will try to find. Thanks for the tip! :)

dade ghost,
Much easier to throw away my shoe than change my walk :)
Make a book about all my embarassing incidents? People will make fun of me for sure :)

trueblue said...

eiseai,
itu coincidence je babe :)

Huh? why 2 weeks?

eiseais said...

cos i'll be back at work in 2 weeks time :(

winniethepooh said...

ouch, u take good care huh, hope that ur arm is getting better by now..as for that lift incident, hehe cant help wanting to laugh. wow 10 secs? u sure am good at holding ur breathe!

good luck huh!

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Adoi, kesian. SMS-ing while walking appears to be as unsafe as while driving, no?

Unknown said...

Are you feeling luckier now Trublue?

gravtkills said...

ayoyo that sucks man...was it the shoe?

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

trublue ... r u ok? busy eh? take care ok :o)

trueblue said...

eiseai,
Really? Sorry to hear that...Don't worry, your baby boys will be fine :)

winnie,
My arm is fine now. Thanks for asking. About the lift incident, well probably the 10 seconds was a bit of exaggeration. Hehehe

trueblue said...

dwa,
Yes, I have definitely learnt my lesson :)

K Ruby,
So far no embarassing incidents...yet...

trueblue said...

Gravtkills,
Yep, it must have been the shoe.

Syana,
Yes, dear..I'm ok :) Been a bit busy at work..You take care too..