Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trueblue feeling blue

I haven’t been feeling well since last week.

It initially began with having wisdom tooth pain. I wasn’t able to eat or sleep properly. I know the cure is to just take the damn teeth out but I’m too chicken to do it. I have been delaying for the past 10 years! For the past one week, I had to depend on pain killers. I feel better now but I know its not gonna be for long. The pain will definitely come back again. *groan*

Yesterday morning I had a sore throat and was coughing a bit. Took some strepsils and hoped I would be ok. Well, apparently not…

I had to attend an assessment that lasted about 2 hours that morning. After all the talking, I suddenly realized I lost my voice at the end of the session.

And today, I am still unable to get my voice back. The more I talk, the more ‘serak’ it gets. I always thought people with husky voices sound so sexy but when I listen to myself, I don’t think I’m any near to sounding sexy. I think I sound more like an old granny :(

Oh my poor throat. Perhaps I just need to shut up for a few days.


Update (as of 20/2/08):

My daughter, D* was shocked to hear my croaky voice last night.

D*: Kenapa mama takde suara?
Me: Mama sakit
D*: Ok. Mama wait here. D* go take doctor-doctor

She ran to her room, rummaged through her toy box and took out her doctor tool kit. She then ran back to me, took out one of the tools and asked me to open my mouth. She started doing some checking and kept on saying "hmmmm", "hmmmm". When the check up was done, she gave me a spoon and said "mama makan ubat".

When it was time for bed, she insisted to sleep with me because she wanted to take care of me.
"Mama, jangan talk so much. Mama must rest ok?"

I woke up this morning feeling much better. Thanks sweetheart. Thanks for the TLC.

9 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

Awwww...so cute! Times like this I want a kid really badly! They sure make everything better, dont they? :)

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet ... :)

Red Raven said...

hope u feel better fren... got to make babies fast!!!

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Can we come consult your daughter when we're under the weather? May you have fully recovered.

Lich said...

haha...guess why i am here in your comment box. ;)

--> ymlichan.blogspot.com

J.T. said...

Hi Trueblue

I hope your throat feels better now. As for that tooth, it is not that painful to extract. :) Really!
Last year when I was home for holidays, I had two wisdom teeth extracted (top). The build up to the event was more painful than the actual event. hahaha

Take care.

akula said...

Little angels, what would we do without them?

Scatty-Kat said...

just take those wisdome tooth out... trust me, i was not wise when i had them and even now .. ive taken all 4 out... im none the (stupider...) hahaha.... its not that sakit laa...(not!)

gravtkills said...

kecik2 dah tau what to be when she grows up eh