Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday ramblings

What a way to start a Monday morning: Wet and cold. It’s been raining since I left home. The gloomy weather outside definitely gives me the Monday blues. I’d give anything to be back in bed right now. *sigh*

Was a bit busy last week and didn’t have time to update my blog. Anyway, let me share some happenings:
1. Attended Leadership workshop for 2 days
- Won a prize for Best Inspiring Speech. Haha.. What a joke! Still don’t have a clue how and why I won. We only had 20 minutes to prepare! I remembered panicking like hell while listening to the other two ‘contestants’ give their speech. One of them was great! She looked like a pro and even included a ‘pantun’ at the end of her speech. I don’t know what I was babbling about at the rostrum. I think I just made things up along the way. An unexpected surprise indeed :)

2. Sick for a few days due to mild food poisoning
- Woke up on Wednesday morning and had a major stomach ache. Wasn’t sure whether I should go to work but since there was a workshop that day, I forced myself to go. Ended up going in and out of the toilet for a few times that day. Still wasn’t well by Friday so I took MC and rested at home

3. Bought anklet on Saturday
- My poor left ankle didn’t want to feel naked anymore :). So, I decided to get a new anklet. Now when I walk, it goes *ting* ting*ting*. I know some people may find it annoying but I really don’t care. Hehe…Ooohh (nak gossip sikit), while I was at the jewellery store, I saw Natasha Hudson there. Must be choosing rings for her wedding

4. Finally managed to watch Transformers yesterday
-Two words: Best gilerrrrrrrrrrrrr!! I purposely waited a few weeks to watch the movie because I don’t like huge crowds. But I was surprised that until yesterday, the theatre was still packed. Full house! Anyway, it was a great movie. I’m glad I got the chance to watch

5. Bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday
- Yeah..was looking forward to this for quite some time now. I had to re-read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince to refresh my memory on what happened before getting the new book. Started on Wednesday and finally finished yesterday. So I immediately went out to the book store to get the new book. I have mixed feelings now actually. Though I am excited to know how the series end but somehow I feel sad that it’s finally the last book! No more Harry Potter after this. Sob-sob :(

6. Received another weird and irritating sms
- Remember my entry on annoying sms? I got another one last week: Senyap itu indah. Tiada yang lebih menggairahkan lelaki bila melihat pasangannya membuka. SMS on SX ke 33168”. What the hell is that??? *#@$%$*

So you can see there was a mixture of good and bad experience for me last week. Hope to have a more eventful week ahead.

Hope you guys have a great one too. Take care!

25 comments:

Suraya said...

whoa. since when u subscribe to SX text services? ehehehhe. i nak subscribe la hahahaha :P

EDDY PURNAMA said...

sounds like you had a packed week actually...should publish ur most inspiring speech ah

trueblue said...

lil miss easy dent,
Where got subscribe. Diaorang main belasah hantar je

eddy,
I don't even remember what I said. Cannot publish la...

J.T. said...

A tied-up week indeed. Congratulations on the Best Inspiring Speech award. :)

Yay! you got a new anklet. Now everyone will know if you are around the corner. haha
By the way, who is Natasha Hudson? Sorry, I've been out of the country and not been able to keep up with the local scene.

Angel Eyes said...

Wah, Natasha pilih cincin? She was married to one of my friend dulu. Dengar citer dia dpt DAtuk.... hehe, gossip la plak.

I like anklet also.... nice!

DiaHarris said...

tahniah kerana anda telah berjaya menonton transformer. dan saya, uwaaa!!! masih blom berjaya lagi.. tskk..tsskk..

trueblue said...

j.t,
Thanks! I still find it weird that I won :)

Colleagues have already noticed my *ting*ting*ting. Hehe..

Natasha Hudson is a model/actress here. She also recently came out with a book of poems for children. Very pretty lady. Anyway, she was in the hot seat some time early this year or late last year when she got divorced after 2 months of marriage or something like that. Now she's getting married again.

katakbesar said...

speech - no wonder you've won the award
perhaps because yours was spontaneous and off-the-cuffs

poison - ic.. cakit rupanya.. ciann

anklet - finally.. hilang berganti.. hehe

autobot - i'll wait for the dvd
no appetite for 'going to cinema' anymore
good to know that the reviews for the movie were all good

harry - i'll for the movie
dont have time to read ;)

sms x - hehe.. senyap itu indah / silence is golden
i'll receive it too
(kept my celcom roaming for the last 3 years)
kengkadang tu lawak gak.. the sentences

winniethepooh said...

u sure u will 'give anything to be back in bed..'? I'm not sure..surely u wont give ur little princess up huh? hehehe

congrats on ur award, when u least expected, a little surprise is always nice isnt it :) trueblue,
do take good care n drink lots of water too ok, dont get dehydrated with the food poisoning...

ahh finally, a new little 'tingling' anklet..take a pic and let us 'admire' too yeah :)

watched 'transformer' with hubby, we both enjoyed it too, surprised me that he remembered all the names! hehehe and we'll wait to see the 'harry potter' movie, me a lazy reader, prefer to see than read :P

for ur sms, can call ur phone company and ask them to stop those sms?

u have a great week ahead! :)

cheers

Red Raven said...

Transformers punya show lebih banyak dari Potter...and still full. Rasa nak tengok untuk kali yang ke...ermmm..tak tau.

I still belum beli Harry Potter and i dont intend to buy it anytime soon..I want to read the whole series again and then baru baca the Deathly Hallows. I mean... kalau baca sekarang..like u said mana ada potter lagi kan?

Cosmic_GurL said...

Clap clap! Amboi, best speech yer?

Oh yay! We can be anklet buddy then coz ive got one too!

I tak penah baca buku HP. Last week baru start on the 1st book, itupun i borrowed from my sister in law..now my husb is pestering me to read the whole series..

akula said...

Like KB, I'll wait for the movie too. inggu ni tak de ke cakap dengan strangers? Kakakaka

trueblue said...

Angel eyes,
You know her ex? Waaah..whats the gossip? Hehe (sibuk je i ni..)

diaharris,
tima kacih..tima kacih...Go la and see..Best tau :)

trueblue said...

katakbesar,
oooohh...you purposely kept your celcom on roaming to get those sms ye? Naughty-naughty...

winniethepooh,
yelah, maybe I should call the phone company. Can't stand getting those sms anymore

trueblue said...

red raven,
Yaaa...actually I wouldn't mind watching it again. Bestlah.

Go read the series again. You'll appreciate it much better probably. It could be like a HP book marathon.

Cosmic_gurl,
You got anklet too? Lets make people annoyed with our *ting*ting*ting* :)

Nour said...

congratulations! Mesti canggih speech you..:)

Bila nak tayang anklet baru?hehehe..I kalau pakai anklet mesti tercabut dan bila sedar ..dah hilang tah ke mana.

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

wahhhhh...
congrats la ...u kena kasi i speech to inspire me la...so inspiring me to stop cursing hahaha...!!
and sadly, i still tak tengok transformer, dah 3x pegi asik fullhouse je...give up la
sms sx tu pon i dpaattt...i siap gelak2 with my frens....

trueblue said...

akula,
I've learnt to be more careful :)

Nour,
Seriously, speech tu biasa je. Thats what happened to the previous anklet. Tak sedar bila dia jatuh. I managed to keep it on for 7 years though

Missy,
Haha..You might actually fall asleep listening to my speech! Babe, you kena book/beli tiket awal to get the seats. Takpe, I'm sure ada masa lagi.
SMS tu lawak laaaaaaaa...

UglyButAdorable said...

aargghh...that sms dman irritating kan..

i'm sure it was a good speech...:)

hope this week will be a better week..

Red Raven said...

Am goona do the Potterathan..hehehe...but the missus is reading it now. Believe it or not, she never read the book before.

Red Raven said...

Am goona do the Potterathan..hehehe...but the missus is reading it now. Believe it or not, she never read the book before.

J.T. said...

Thanks for the info on Natasha Hudson. :)

trueblue said...

uba,
thanks dear :)

red raven,
She hasn't? Must influence her some more!

j.t,
No problem. You can actually google it yourself. Hehe..

katakbesar said...

tidakkkk..
fitnahhhh semua tu..
hehe..

trueblue said...

katakbesar,
elehhhhhh...